Dump the Hate
Lunar New Year Dumpling Kit & Cooking Class
Join us for a Lunar New Year Dumpling Kit and Cooking Class, with Monique Lu, as part of Dump the Hate, a virtual dumpling-making fundraiser fighting against anti-Asian prejudice and violence!
Thursday, January 19th | 6pm LIVE Virtual Dumpling Class presented from the P&P Kitchen
Monique will demonstrate proper dumpling crimping and filling technique and will share stories and food memories from celebrating the Lunar New Year while growing up in Taiwan.
Dumpling Kit Pick-up Times:
Wednesday, January 18th, Noon - 7pm
Thursday, January 19th, 11am - 6pm
Virtual Cooking Class Pass STILL AVAILABLE
SOLD OUT: Chicken + Mushroom Dumpling (omni) or Chik'n + Mushroom Dumpling (vegan) Kits
- Includes all ingredients and fixings to make Omni OR Veg Dumplings and chili oil and ginger garlic sauces.
- Feeds four and makes about 40 dumplings
- Comes with a course and recipe book and access to the Zoom cooking class (with a video link, in case you can’t join live)
- Monique will demonstrate proper dumpling crimping and filling technique and will share stories and food memories from celebrating the Lunar New Year while growing up in Taiwan.
- Virtual-only option (with e-copy of ingredient list and course pack) also available
This is going to be so good! Order yours, tell some friends and make an event of it. And, even far off friends can participate with our virtual-only option!
Even better, proceeds will benefit Freedom Inc., a Madison-based Black and Southeast Asian non-profit organization that works with low- to no-income communities of color. Their mission is to achieve social justice through coupling direct services with leadership development and community organizing that will bring about social, political, cultural, and economic change resulting in the end of violence against women, gender-non-conforming and transgender folks, and children within communities of color. Eat well and do good!